Sunday, April 26, 2009

So i was typin a paper and of course i had facebook open in another window, and i came across my homie MANGO MANGO'S status.. which got me this news article that you see below here. Im Tellin everybody out there that my man Buggz Tha Rocka is about to blow through the roof. No body is fuckin with my homie lyrically in Ohio... anyway i could go on for days about this shit... I gotta get back to this paper.. fuck this school shit

peeps the article.....

From XXL


get that everyday. No for real, eeverrryday I get hit with the, “Have you heard about such and such? They are that new shit…” I’m always open to hearing new artists. The way the newbies come in the game with the big dreams and bigger statements makes it all worthwhile. With the help of the internet the market has been flooded with garbage though. Just people thinking that since they can listen to music and enjoy it, that they can make it and either become famous, make money or bone some chicks (if it’s a female MC then it’s get the latest handbag). I see where the game is going though, I look at all these new cats coming into the game dealing with label drama and MC beef before people can even get a grasp of their music. It’s a sad state of entry folks, but fuck all that. Some of you readers seem to be experts in this forum (y’all be off as hell sometimes, but then again so are we…not!), so who do you think is the next hot MC or group? It can be whoever you know around your way that you believe in, or some super underground crew we all should be up on, or that cat that we’ve covered in the mag that should get even more light. Whoever you think is dope let us know right here, cus you never know why I’m asking.-DT

Just so you know, I’m listening to:
*Spree Wilson - The ill voiced dude that has the 3rd verse on Novel’s “I Am” single. The way he just took the track and owned it with an intricate flow, left field content and a collegiate hipster style. Watch him. www.myspace.com/spreewilsonexperience

*Buggs Tha Rocka - I can’t remember who put me on to dude off top, but when I went to his www.myspace.com/rockaboy page I so wasn’t expecting what I heard, dopeness. I really like his choices of instrumentals to “rock” over.

*Kovas – I don’t know if this counts since he’s my homie from back in the days (and I made a guest appearance on his ill mixtape The Stimulus Package), but ‘Vas has his own ghetto world beat sound that mashes all elements of hip-hop together. He rhymes, sings, produces (joints with Justin Timberlake to De La Soul) and plays instruments. International flow, just ask about his travels.
www.myspace.com/thekovasempire

*Nitro – Met dude in Barbados in January. He’s got the swag, the timing and the mainstream appeal. Being from the Caribbean doesn’t hurt his chances of winning, especially since he really doesn’t have an accent you have to decipher when he’s spittin’. www.myspace.com/nitroeverhype

*Nipsey Hussle – Just swore dude was a light-skinned Snoop when I saw pictures him and I still think that now that I’ve met him. I’m sure he’s tired of the comparison but he gives me that early Snoop in the streets before the pimpin’ kicked in. He lays out on tracks, not hype, but still aggressive and gives you that Cali feel just from the sound of his voice.
www.myspace.com/nipseyhussle

*U-N-I – I’m really into West Coast cool cats, Pharcyde, Hieroglyphics and such and these new dudes are in that lane to me. No rah-rah craziness, no super space rhymes, just dope content and topics that run the table of what young West Coast regular cats deal with. Production by Ro Blvd fits them perfectly.
www.myspace.com/unimuzik

*J Cole – I met him through DJ Green Lantern recently. Went to the studio to hear his amazing story of how he linked up with Jay-Z. Smart guy first, dope rapper second. He’s going to be one to check for as long as he can get through the pressure of Jay-Z shadow. He’s one of those cats where the more he rhymes with heavyweights, the better he’ll become.
http://www.myspace.com/therapistmusic

*38 Special – Now this is another Green Lantern intro. Met him at Green’s radio show a few months back. Street dude so much that he’s currently taking a street vacation, feel me? He has a voice that automatically catches your attention and the way he details his life in “the life” is fresh in a Clipse kinda way. Where they add humor with the punch lines to hard times, 38 does it like that, but with a smirk.
www.myspace.com/thereal38special

*Jon Connor – Got put on to dude through a homie that knows the type of hip-hop I like to listen to. JC is cut from that Kanye cloth, not a Kanye clone but seemingly inspired by Ye. His beats are melodic, but his rhymes attack. JC is definitely feeling his own movement, gotta love that shit.
www.myspace.com/asquadrecords

No comments: