Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First Media Interview!



Name- Clockwork
Age-24
Location- Nasty Nati (Cincinnati), Ohio

1. Who is Dj Clockwork and how did you get into the Dj business?
Clockwork is a machine that never stops for oil. I got into the Dj Business when I was 15 years old. I used to work at Kings Island (Ohio’s #1 Amusement Park) and I saved up 600 bucks to buy my first set of turntables. I bought 2 Gemini 500 Turntables and a shitty Numark 2 channel mixer. I never read the manual, I just threw it out and taught myself how to Dj. I started off doing college house parties when I was only 17 years old. From that I moved on the club scene, after the club scene, I started to practice to perfect my craft, and a lot more gigs started falling into my hands. Then from there, began out of state and country gigs.

2. Who and what inspires Clockwork to Dj?
The people and the energy that the crowd gives off is what inspire me to Dj. A Dj is the quarterback of the club…we call all the fucking plays and people follow, if your a shitty quarterback then the people in the club will let it be known! Also hearing other great Dj’s inspire me to Dj. It’s like a breath of fresh air when you can walk into a random bar or club and hear a great Dj. Make me wanna go home and practice more!

3. Tell us about growing up in Cincinnati and the racial barriers you have face in life and as a Dj?
Growing up in Cincinnati is a jungle. It’s crazy because Cincinnati used to be a very racist city. It used to be called ZINZINNATI. It’s an old German town, and Cincinnati has a lot of old and historical buildings, and if you look close on these buildings you can still see old Swastikas. Cincinnati was also a place Harriet Tubman brought a lot of slaves for freedom. So with all this being said I have faced many racial barriers in this city. It would be times clubs wouldn’t allow Hip-hop to be played, or they would try and switch up the dress code every week. One time, while I was Dj’ing in one particular club in the nati (Cincinnati), the owner walked up to me and told me to “stop playing all this ghetto shit” while I was playing Kayne West “Good Life”. I feel like I’m still fighting racial barriers everyday of my life. Racism is never going to disappear, you just have to learn how to ignore the ignorance of the perp..

4. Where do you see yourself in two years and what life experiences can you share with people in order to live their lives, follow their goals, and live their dreams?
In 2 years I see myself probably in a different state, and murkering every single event that I do (I mean I do that now, but ill def better than I am now in 2 years!) No excuses Live Ya Lifeeeeee! Whatever you want to be and whatever you want to do, do it! Nothing is stopping you from becoming what you want to be but YOU! Don’t doubt yourself, and push yourself to the limit to becoming the Super being that you want to be. It sounds cliché but you can become anything you want to be. I never thought I would Dj in Paris or New York, or be friends with some huge names, and party with superstars, but because pushed myself and believe I could do it, it happened.
“NOW is the time to be whatever you want to be.”



MY FIRST MEDIA INTERVIEW! The homie steve that was the photographer for the Chuck Inglish and Jasmine Solano did a little side interview with me... Very dope Check it out! if you want to see more interviews and see my interview in full effect go HERE

Make sure you check out his Website www.Mindlessphotos.com

No comments: